Sensor’s GuardPoint software integrates License Plate Number Recognition (LPNR) – a full number plate reading and recognition system for vehicle access control such as car parks, reserved areas and airports.
This module plays an essential role in managing and restricting traffic and personnel flow to and from your site, with overall monitoring of staff parking.
How does it work?
A special camera is needed that is designed to act as a reader in a vehicle access control situation. As a car approaches, the camera reads the license plate which is then matched against the database of license plates previously entered into the access control system (GuardPoint). If there is a match, the corresponding user ID is sent to the access panel associated with the gate, and is granted access.
License Plate Number Recognition is a highly accurate system, capable of reading vehicle number plates without the need for human intervention regardless of time of day, speed of vehicle or climate. This is accomplished through the use of high speed image capture, detection of license plate characters within the images provided, and the decoding authorisation process. All user data is stored in your present access control system.
The Benefits of LPNR:
– Control multiple locations/barriers in different car parks
– Recognise all license plates with numbers and letters
– Fully comprehensive reporting features
– Fast and efficient access control
– Fully automated functionality: reducing overall labour costs
– High quality and functional cameras: ensures shorter queues in peak times getting in or out from work
– Housing: designed for easy mounting on walls and poles
– All sourced images can be exported to JPEG format
– Monitors number plates both day and night
To find out more about Sensor’s ‘License Plate Number Recognition’ module, please contact us through our website or alternatively:
Phone: 01273 242355