Are you considering whether to upgrade your access control system to use biometrics?
The key benefits of using biometrics as opposed to using standard proximity credentials are:
- Fingerprint characteristics cannot be guessed and are very difficult to steal.
- Your access credentials cannot be lost or forgotten.
- Using biometrics can be a cost saving because you do not need to buy any proximity cards or tags.
- Fingerprints biometric readers are simple and intuitive to use.
- Online biometric systems can easily be expanded. Fingerprint templates can easily be downloaded from the main system when new readers are added.
- Using fingerprints for access control is now more accepted amongst people due to the increased usage on devices such as mobile phones.
- Using biometrics with an online access control system gives a clear audit trail with a definitive answer on who committed a security breach.
- Cost savings can also be made in terms of using biometrics with time and attendance. It prevents cardholders from using other people’s cards.
Both of Sensor Access’ access control solutions can be integrated with fingerprint biometrics. When considering fingerprint biometrics it is important to consider the environment and the people who will be using them. If the environment or the user’s hands are very dirty it would be worth considering readers which can read the finger a few layer of skin below the surface. For situations of where people do not want fingerprint data stored centrally, it would be worth considering storing their own fingerprint on a smart card that they carry with them. Using a smart card which carries your fingerprint means the reader itself no longer need to store the finger templates which means no limitation to its capacity.
To learn more about what biometric solution sensor access can offer please visit our website
or contact us at email@example.com and telephone +44 (0)1273 242355