The demand for flexible office hours is rapidly growing around the UK due to the massive amount of freelancers and contractors using shared office spaces and working varied hours and shifts. The result of this change in working habits is that offices need to be manned 24/7 or you need to implement an access control solution.
Our Access Control Software combined with our hardware means there are several options to control access to the buildings.
There are various types of key cards that can be used as an alternative to the traditional metal key and will open an electronically-powered door if you swipe it (swipe reader), tap the card on it (proximity reader), or insert it (insert reader).
Here at sensor access, we provide the following options:
- Proximity cards are contact-less due to a wireless antenna embedded in the plastic. When the card is brought into proximity with a reader the antenna receives an electrical charge which is known as the Wiegand effect.
- Key fobs look more like plastic keys rather than cards, but they also allow keyless locking and unlocking of coworking spaces using the Wiegand effect.
- Smart cards possess a microchip, which is difficult to duplicate, so they provide a higher level of security than the magnetic stripe cards. Such cards do not require contact with the reader and are popular among laptop owners and office staff.
- Biometric Access Control is the most secure option and involves employees registering a fingerprint which is then scanned by the reader to confirm your identity and grant you access.
Once you have decided on the type of Access Control Solution you wish to implement then the next decision is to choose your Access Control Software, we recommend our new Guardpoint 10 software.
For more information on Access Control visit our contact us page
What is the cheapest way to install biometric access control on my office?
Here at Sensor Access, we understand the need for security on peoples buildings so to reduce the cost of people wanting to install biometric fingerprint based access control systems we have launched our new Guardpoint 10 access control system which when used in conjunction with our 4 port controllers results in a significant fall in price.
Why is it cheaper with Guardpoint 10 and the 4 port controllers?
Normally if you install a biometric access control system for a building with 40 doors you would also have to install 40 controllers (one for each door).
With Guardpoint 10 and our 4 port controllers you only need to buy 10 controllers as opposed to forty, it doesn’t take a mathematician to see how this reduces the total cost of the installation.
This amazing Marvel Street art appeared near our Brighton office, Contact Sensor Access for all your access control needs
Sensor Access is proud to announce that the company Elcon Nova has been awarded “Technical Excellence of the EMEA region”. Elcon Nova is a long-standing partner of Sensor Access in Egypt.
Elcon Nova was given this award based on:
- Adding value to the GuardPoint solution with bespoke integrations. For example CCTV integration, creating custom T/A applications, and an application that allows transactions to be added manually for people who have forgotten their card.
- Implementing GuardPoint’s Advanced features such as actions and processes, redundancy, integrated alarm management, counters and sophisticated reflexes using commands from other solutions.
- High-quality hardware installations with further customization with hardware meeting specific customer needs. For example, making a multi-controller power supply and housing.
The CEO Mr. Hazem Al Far and his team have the passion to provide customers the best of breed solutions backed up by 1st class installation and after-sales service with sites running successfully for its entire lifespan.
The new 2018 brochure from sensor access features our new GuardPoint10 Software. Learn what makes GuardPoint10 a cutting edge and pioneering access control software. http://www.sensoraccess.co.uk/guardpoint10/
Sensor’s GuardPoint software integrates License Plate Number Recognition (LPNR) – a full number plate reading and recognition system for vehicle access control such as car parks, reserved areas and airports.
This module plays an essential role in managing and restricting traffic and personnel flow to and from your site, with overall monitoring of staff parking.
How does it work?
A special camera is needed that is designed to act as a reader in a vehicle access control situation. As a car approaches, the camera reads the license plate which is then matched against the database of license plates previously entered into the access control system (GuardPoint). If there is a match, the corresponding user ID is sent to the access panel associated with the gate, and is granted access.
License Plate Number Recognition is a highly accurate system, capable of reading vehicle number plates without the need for human intervention regardless of time of day, speed of vehicle or climate. This is accomplished through the use of high speed image capture, detection of license plate characters within the images provided, and the decoding authorisation process. All user data is stored in your present access control system.
The Benefits of LPNR:
– Control multiple locations/barriers in different car parks
– Recognise all license plates with numbers and letters
– Fully comprehensive reporting features
– Fast and efficient access control
– Fully automated functionality: reducing overall labour costs
– High quality and functional cameras: ensures shorter queues in peak times getting in or out from work
– Housing: designed for easy mounting on walls and poles
– All sourced images can be exported to JPEG format
– Monitors number plates both day and night
To find out more about Sensor’s ‘License Plate Number Recognition’ module, please contact us through our website or alternatively:
Phone: 01273 242355
The Guard Tour module is often overlooked in the GuardPointPro access control system.
This module allows you to utilise your existing access control system for guard patrol tours, as well as allowing you to accurately monitor times and movements of your security personal.
How does it work?
The Guard Tour facility allows various points on the premises to be defined as checkpoints which make up a ‘Guard Tour’. These points may be simple alarm points such as push buttons and key operated systems, or specific readers where the guard must pass a badge.
Image 1: screenshots taken from GuardPointPro
The Benefits of a Guard Tour include:
Simplicity – all information is stored in the Guard Point Software, accessible at any time including a history log of all guard tours in secure databases
Accountability – ability to track and create digital footprints of employees as well as achieve real-time management and guard-tour monitoring
Automation – ability to configure reports to be sent to clients in real time
Data Analysis – allows for the remote monitoring and analysis of data, with the option for real-time notifications
Remote Management – ability to relieve time-consuming paper procedures of assigning tasks and managing multiple areas, offering data interoperability and extensive management and communication
To find out more about Sensor’s ‘Guard Tour’ module, please contact us
In the New Year, Sensor Access will be releasing the BioPlus W2 Fingerprint Device – the new access control device paving the way in biometric technology. The BioPlus W2 has direct integration with GuardPoint10, providing an easy to use platform for managing your user fingerprints.
This new biometric device uses a powerful ‘quad-core CPU’ as well as Live Finger Detection (LFD) technology to provide class-leading performance. Designed with ruggedness in mind, the BioPlus W2 has the ability to withstand most climates and is a perfect solution for areas that experience tough environment and outdoor installations. The metal IP67/IK09 housing ensures that the biometric device is protected, meanwhile providing significant protection against invasive moisture, dust and liquid damage.
To find out more about the upcoming release of the latest biometric reader, please contact us